Capsule Wardrobe Inspiration - Steal My Closet! Casual, comfy, "indie" style mix-and-match minimalist wardrobe ideas!

Inspiration for a COMFY and CREATIVE Urban Indie capsule wardrobe - 14 items mix-and-match to 45 outfits - minimalist closet ideas, via Devastate Boredom
Update August 2016 -- I have HUGE news for a fashion-savvy, Capsule Wardrobe lovin' girl like you!  My shiny, awesome new book Secrets of the Capsule Wardrobe:  How to Find Your Personal Style & Create a Happy, Confident Closet! is now available!!  It is truly the Perfected Guide to finding your personal style and building a effortless, confidence-inspiring, non-boring capsule wardrobe, step-by-step! You'll also find never-before-published information on how to continue to curate your collection of clothing by purposeful shopping in the future, how to avoid the three most common mistakes that will SABOTAGE your Capsule Wardrobe, a whole chapter on the role of accessories in your minimalist closet, and more.  Go check it out right now... a happy closet awaits you!


Hungry for more fashion fun and Capsule Wardrobe / minimalist style updates?

"Make Your Closet Amazing" Newsletter Subscription:

* indicates required


Since it's been a minute since I've done a fashion post, I figured it would be fun to put together a sample capsule wardrobe, for inspiration purposes... I would describe this closet as a "casual, comfy, creative, but don't-mess-with-me" look.  I have no idea what that translates to in "real fashion" terms... how about artsy neo-indie?  I mean, why not, I can name my style whatever I want...  

This is now officially inspiration for an Artsy Neo-Indie capsule wardrobe.  ;)

If my house were to burn down tomorrow, or 

something similarly dramatic resulted in me needing to completely replace my wardrobe, this is basically what I would buy:






Similar Items Currently Available!


Fourteen items of clothing (plus a pullover, two pairs of shoes and a bag just for fun) that mix and match into 45 outfits.  The two dresses can be worn alone, and ALL of the rest of these items can be mixed-and-matched, with the lone exception of the red top and red base (which I couldn't pull off combining, but maybe you could! ;P).

That breaks down like this:  

Four bases (remember how important it is to balance your bases!)

  • Black layering maxi dress
  • Striped layering maxi dress
  • Red capris
  • Skinny jeans or jeggings 


Ten tops (remember color choice is also important! Neutral "family" of your choice + a few fave colors only!)

  • 2 grey
  • 4 white (one with red accents)
  • 1 red
  • 3 black
  • +bonus (cuz I get cold in air conditioning...) 1 turquoise / red pullover (to layer in place of a sweater, or wear by itself)

SO EASY.  

Mindless, in fact.  Reach in your closet (cuz if you're like me, there's life-changing magic in hanging ALL TEH STUFF), 1- grab a base, 2- grab a top, 3- put clothes on body, 4- walk out door.  DONE.

I understand you might be going, "but I hate maxi dresses!" or "this capsule wardrobe is way too casual for my work environment!" or "ugh, too much black!" I know, I know, this is very specifically MY style, and it might not be YOUR style.  But here's the fun part! 

If you love the idea of a capsule wardrobe but are overwhelmed by the idea of adapting it to your own needs and environment, consider hiring me for a one-on-one, virtual style consultation!  I promise to reveal all the secrets of building a effortless, confidence-inspiring, non-boring capsule wardrobe, and will even set you up with personalized purchase recommendations to help finish up your closet!  A happy capsule wardrobe that works for you is only a few clicks away!


Love this style for a capsule wardrobe!  Inspiration for a COMFY and CREATIVE Urban Indie capsule wardrobe - 14 items mix-and-match to 45 outfits - minimalist closet ideas, via Devastate Boredom


Edit:  Classically feminine, preppy-ish sample capsule wardrobe inspiration now posted!

Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 


Like what you're reading? Subscribe via your favorite bloggy source, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! Then let me know that you did... I love to make new friends!

  Follow
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

10 comments

  1. Mix and match is the only way to go. So easy and so many different looks.

    Have a fabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style and capsule wardrobe. I stay at home with my boys, so I like to be comfortable, but not look like I'm in my PJ's all day. Although, we do that sometimes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo glad you not only wrote this post, but that you linked to your other capsule wardrobe stuff, because clearly I've been missing some awesome Sarah Eliza fashion greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i just say, i need a whole new closet makeover! and i went shopping the other day, and maxi dresses have just been calling me. Especially the cotton comfy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the converses :) Those are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it! That would make a good capsule! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! I've never tried a capsule wardrobe - even when I was just living out for termtime I'd end up taking pretty much every piece of clothing I owned back and fore with me! :) #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought 3 new undies,all purple!! 2 new bras,1 purple and 1 fuschsia, a sundress, a purple pr capris, and a purple tunic.
    I feel like I'm ready to tackle the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. But there are no jeans! And we have to have pajamas Sarah-Eliza. I live in my pajamas. If I don't have to go outside I absolutely do not change into ordinary clothes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top