#FridayFrivolity - WTF Life Hacks -- Hilariously complicated or bizarre "shortcuts" that are anything but! Plus LINKY PARTY!

Welcome Friday, and welcome friend!  

Our #FridayFrivolity theme this week is one I found highly entertaining... "WTF life hacks."  You know, those ideas floating around the internet, masquerading as brilliant shortcuts to save time and effort in your daily life... but usually succeeding in neither?  Here are a few I found especially entertaining.  Remember to stop by Munofore, Syncopated Mama, and Babi a Fi for more "wtf life hack" hilarity!



Whaaaat.... just imagine this for a minute.  Instead of doing a two second swipe over a surface with a wipe, or a swiffer duster, or even a regular old wash rag, you're going to stand there pressing tape against every square inch to remove the dust by inches?  I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing at the thought.  


This one sounds deceptively appealing.  The "leave this substance in your toilet bowl overnight and when you wake up, presto-chango, it will be clean" myth is always appealing... but with a Magic Eraser?  

HELLO -- how are you supposed to get it out now that your toilet is "magically" clean?  Fish it out with your hand?  Use kitchen tongs, dedicated solely to that purpose from now on?  And even once you've gotten it out, imagine the Magic Eraser, soaked in toilet-bowl-water, dripping soddenly all the way to the trash can... no thank you!

I clean my air vents, I do.  But... with a vacuum hose extension.  This is another "hack" that is going to take allllll freaking day!  I'll pass...

This photo has been floating around Pinterest for literally years now, because I've had the chance to try it out in two different apartments.  It does. not. work.  And really, when you stopped to think about it -- ice is supposed to fix a squished carpet?  But what mystical physics?  And what about the gaps between the ice, they're just going to fix themselves by association?  "Oh, the ice is next to me, I better un-squish or else! I'm gonna get iced too!"  

Nope, whoever made this photo and succeeded in getting it plastered all over a gullible internet is sitting back in an armchair somewhere and laughing uproariously.  It's like the cleaning version of getting rickrolled.  *shakes head*


Like what you're reading? Subscribe via email, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! 






Now on to the link-up! :D 



Friday Frivolity Superbowl / Football Memes Edition! (Sort of, Not Really...  ;P) Plus the Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!



Friday Frivolity Superbowl / Football Memes Edition! (Sort of, Not Really...  ;P) Plus the Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!

Featured Post from Last Week:
In a fun twist, since we now have four hosts we will also have FOUR FEATURES.... but you will have to go check out the other three blogs to see if you were featured there!  ;)  
Oh my goodness, this post, "Why You Should Never Go Shopping Without Your Kids," is HILARIOUS.  I think it should be subtitled, "Thor encounters of the fireman kind."  Yep, now you've GOT to read it, right?  ;P   

The Hosts:


Friday Frivolity Host Sarah Eliza from Devastate Boredom




Sarah Eliza is on a mission to Devastate Boredom by living a life full of all of her favorite things... friendship and connection, laughter, books and music, furbaby love, minimalism, wellness pursuits, Paleo-ish cooking, and on and on!  Curious about how to create a capsule wardrobe without losing your mind??  Check out her series here!



Host, Lisa, Friday Frivolity Superbowl / Football Memes Edition! (Sort of, Not Really...  ;P) Plus the Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!
Facebook // Twitter //Pinterest // Google+  // Bloglovin

Lisa is an awesomely hilarious and authentic writer who marches to her own drum on her blog Syncopated Mama, providing an "un-labelly spot" for all the happily off-beat folks out there who have been wishing to find kindred spirits.  She shares her adventures building a natural home, teaching her adorbs daughter, establishing and refining positive communication skills, camping, creating, cooking, and so much more!  I was especially excited to see her post about how to make amazing homemade bread WITHOUT a bread maker... yes please!


Host, Audrey, Friday Frivolity Superbowl / Football Memes Edition! (Sort of, Not Really...  ;P) Plus the Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!

Audrey is a wonderfully eclectic blogger, who not only can cook up a storm over on That Recipe, but also writes at Munofore - "MUsings NOt FOod RElated."  Munofore touches on humor, parenting, crafting, holiday ideas, tutorials, and more!  She had an amazing post recently, explaining how to make your social media feeds "happy" again, that you HAVE to read!





Jessica is an amazingly funny and smart blogger from Wales who writes at Babi a Fi on a whole range of topics -- from entertaining vintage nostalgia, to technology tutorials, to book reviews, to raising her adorable munchkin, and so much more!  Check out her most recent post, British Tag for a super fun peek into the cultural side of her day-to-day life!




Calling all bloggers looking for an upbeat and supportive group of pals to join in hosting the weekly #FridayFrivolity par-tay!  We are hoping to add to our ranks of dedicated hosts and co-hosts, and would love for you to consider joining the fun!  Co-Hosts are welcome on a temporary basis (usually a month), while Hosts make a more ongoing commitment.  :)  Swing by here to express interest and ask any questions!


Now time for the new stuff! 

This a link-up for all things funny, fun, encouraging, hopeful, and happy.  That includes free printables, giveaways, and other fun stuff to make us SMILE and start the weekend off on the right foot. 

If you're here in search of fun and uplifting reading materials, skip the rules and just start clickin'! 

Bloggy buddies, thanks for coming to par-tay! 

You are welcome to link up to 3 posts, and old posts are always welcome!  

There are three rules only: 



Friday Frivolity Superbowl / Football Memes Edition! (Sort of, Not Really...  ;P) Plus the Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!



Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 


21 comments

  1. I've never seen that ice one before, but I can totally see giving it a try - why not? (not that I have any carpet in this house...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, so glad I'm not the only one who tried the "ice cube trick!" lol Thanks for hosting Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting! The ice trick made me laugh...I don't even understand the concept of how it's supposed to work...LOL! Have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just looking around at my surfaces and trying to calculate how long it'd take to sticky tape them clean! I've seen the ice one in a magazine but I've never actually tried it. Luckily we only have two rooms with carpet in now - I say luckily, because Anthony is the clumsiest person I've ever known! :) #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still laughing over these life-hacks. And it's such a great reminder not to believe everything you see on-line. Thanks for another fantastic linkup. Wishing you an incredible weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love tape. It has so many different uses. I wasn't aware of the ice cube trick, though. Thanks for sharing. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard about any of these tricks. I think I'll just do things the way I've been doing them.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried the ice cube deal.

    Thanks for hosting and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very disappointed about the ice trick not working..at least someone tried it out before me to let me know lol. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! I have seen the ice one and have wondered how that would work, lol! Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're busting the myth on some of these no-good hacks! I do use tape for lint on clothes or cat hair on a chair. I wouldn't use it on my table though, because it would strip the varnish off and I agree with you that it would be more time consuming than just giving the thing a wipe. LOL. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried the ice hack too- it did not work. I did get the carpet raised with a warm iron though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The WTF Life Hacks are Hilarious! The things others come up with sometimes are just ridiculous. I needed a good laugh this morning to start my work day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the great Party!

    many greetings
    Uwe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha! What a fun post!
    I had a blast reading this.

    Thank you for hosting, I think I have a post erlevant enough to link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Some of the things I see on the internet are really out there. I actually hadn't come across any of these but thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting the funniest link-up party of the week! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so right, that ice cube trick has been around for years. lol I don't get the point of the magic eraser, does the toilet bowl fairy come in at night and rub it around? lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ice on the carpet?? That may be one of the original Pinterest pins. Ha! Thanks for linking to Waiting on...Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Sarah this is Lindi from A Well Heeled Woman, thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I loved this linky I laughed so hard at some of these ideas as I have considered doing some of them. I will be coming back to this linky over and onver again. have a great day

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top