#FridayFrivolity New Year's Resolutions 2017

#FridayFrivolity New Year's Resolutions


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you all had a joyful holiday season and are gearing up for a fulfilling, progress-filled 2017.  Our theme at #FridayFrivolity this week is New Year's Resolutions... perfect timing, right??

I posted periodically last year on specific goals / resolutions, but while I think goals can be useful even if they aren't met in their entirety or quite on time -- yay progress in any form! -- 2017 is going to require a pretty big shift in gears for me.  (More on that very soon! 😜 )  Given that, I tried to think more holistically about the changes that are coming, and the things I would like to achieve, and went from there.

If I were to pick one word to define my goals for the coming year, I think it would be "intention."  Y'all know I'm all about living with intention!  ;P  But I think that purposeful-ness will be even more important for me in 2017.  I am so excited to see all the adventures this year will bring!


I Resolve, 2017 Edition:



New Year's Resolutions Inspirational Printable via Devastate Boredom -- #FridayFrivolity memes and fun!

These goals aren't measurable (since measurability is often cited as a necessary attribute of a good goal), but they ARE attainable, and I'm confident they can help me progress towards the life of intention, purpose, and action that is always the overarching goal encompassing any smaller goals I might set.  And that should work out especially well for me this coming year!


Your turn...

What about you?  Are you making resolutions for 2017?  Are they specific or more holistic?  I want to hear!

If you are still considering what your own priorities might be for the new year, be sure to read my previous post Super Important Stuff About Online Brain Drains, Living Life Deeply, and Purpose or Goals Advice: How to Change Your Life!  I just went back to check out that last one myself, and I'm pleased to see that my current resolutions DO follow my own guidelines for how to set goals that will motivate instead of discouraging you, haha!

And if you need some more motivation heading into the new year, be sure to check out my Free Printables section for inspiration!  I find the fridge or bathroom mirror to be the perfect place for a positive reminder, or even a productive kick in the pants. 😉 



Now on to the link-up! :D
Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!
 

Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!


Featured Post from Last Week:
In a fun twist, since we now have five hosts and co-hosts we will also have five FEATURES.... those on Devastate Boredom are randomly chosen via Inlinkz, while our other lovely hosts pick their own faves.  Be sure to check out the other four blogs to see if you were featured there! ;)  


Love the review of the book Nina the Neighborhood Ninja over at Grandma Ideas!  This book features a smart, strong, and speedy young heroine who comes to the rescue of various neighborhood animals in distress.  Super cute AND empowering!


If you're a beach lover, you're going to want to pin this one for next year!  Keepin' It Real has a great tutorial for memory-filled seashell and glitter Christmas ornaments.

The Hosts:


FridayFrivolity host Sarah Eliza of Devastate Boredom

Facebook // Twitter // Pinterest // Instagram 
Sarah Eliza is on a mission to Devastate Boredom by living life with laughter and intention! Her blog is your spot for Capsule Wardrobe how-to's and inspiration, humor, encouragement, life-hacks, Read / DON'T Read book reviews, and more!  Stop by her blog for winter Capsule Wardrobe inspiration -- mix-and-match outfit inspiration in burgundy and olive! 


Host, Audrey, Friday Frivolity
Audrey is a wonderfully eclectic blogger, who not only can cook up a storm over on That Recipe, but also writes at Munofore - "MUsings NOt FOod RElated." Munofore touches on humor, parenting, crafting, holiday ideas, tutorials, and more! Audrey's most recent post reviews Classic Games for Family Fun -- awesome recommendations for holiday gifts, or game nights through the year!


Host, Lisa, Friday Frivolity
Facebook // Twitter //Pinterest // Google+ // Bloglovin
  Lisa is an awesomely hilarious and authentic writer who marches to her own drum on her blog Syncopated Mama, providing an "un-labelly spot" for all the happily off-beat folks out there who have been wishing to find kindred spirits. She shares her adventures building a natural home, teaching her adorbs daughter, establishing and refining positive communication skills, camping, creating, cooking, and so much more! Lisa's latest post is a hilarious and awesome list of Stocking Stuffers from A-Z... you've gotta check it out!


FridayFrivolity host Jessica from Babi a Fi
Jessica is an amazingly funny and smart blogger from Wales who writes at Babi a Fi on a whole range of topics -- from entertaining vintage nostalgia, to technology tutorials, to book reviews, to raising her adorable munchkin, and so much more! Her latest post, a review of the Meryl Streep film Florence Foster Jenkins, is filled with comedy and pathos!




FridayFrivolity host Erin from Stay at Home Yogi
Erin is a fantastically honest and engaging blogger over at Stay at Home Yogi, where she shares encouragement for fitness, finances, self-care, and other fun and positive topics.  Her posts are filled with great advice and perspective.  Be sure to stop by her blog for this month's Financially Fit update -- Erin shares both the progress and frustrations of tackling debt, as well as helpful strategies for saving and making money too!


 
Could it be you??  #FridayFrivolity link-up looking for new cohosts!
Calling all bloggers looking for an upbeat and supportive group of pals to join in hosting the weekly #FridayFrivolity par-tay! We are hoping to add to our ranks of dedicated hosts and co-hosts, and would love for you to consider joining the fun! Co-Hosts are welcome on a temporary basis (usually a month), while Hosts make a more ongoing commitment. :) Swing by here to express interest and ask any questions!


Now time for the new stuff!

This a link-up for all things funny, fun, encouraging, hopeful, and happy. That includes free printables, giveaways, and other fun stuff to make us SMILE and start the weekend off on the right foot. If you're here in search of fun and uplifting reading materials, skip the rules and just start clickin'! Bloggy buddies, thanks for coming to par-tay! You are welcome to link up to 3 posts, and old posts are always welcome!

There are three rules only:
Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!




Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 



Like what you're reading? Subscribe via email, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! 




7 comments

  1. 2017 will be a hum-dinger of a year for you, that's for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely more reading! More people time!, and more fresh air couldn't hurt either, depending on what's blooming! lol
    Happy New Year, Sarah Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, girl, heyyyy! Had to stop by and stalk your social media. Looking forward to coming back tomorrow to link up!

    I think 2017 is going to be a good year. (If it's not, we'll just fake it till we make it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great New Year's Resolutions here! I like the way you have done it. Very clever! Thank you very much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost Please don't forget to add the badge! Thank you! Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your intentions. I use to be outdoors all the time now I seem to have so much to do all the time I don't get out as much as I should. Thank you for joining us at the #IamPinnable Link Party. I missed linking at your party this week, but I will certainly be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word "intention" it will help you to pay more attention to what you are doing instead of mindlessly moving through life. My word of the year is "grace" I want to show more grace, act with grace and get better at receiving it too! Happy New Year I hope that it is a year filled with wondrous things!

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top