Free MP3 Madness (quick quick!): Taylor Swift, Imogen Heap, a Celtic sampler, and more!

Is the download you're looking for no longer available?  :(  Free-and-legal tracks are often offered only temporarily, so I'm sorry if you have missed the window for this one.  Look to the right to subscribe via email, feed reader, blogloving, twitter, etc, and I'll make sure that you never miss out on free music again!

Ok, this post will have to be a quick one this week, since I'm stealing a moment away from the thousands of other things currently demanding my attention in a highly threatening and intimidating fashion. Oh crap, here they come again!! Um, hurry hurry:

First off, may I present a free Taylor Swift download?? Snag this highly-popular singer's track "Fifteen" from L.e.i. while it's still available! They ask for a bunch of info, but I skipped the phone number and gave a junk email and it went through fine. Nice! (thanks Coupons & Coffee for the head's up!)

Also, you can get a sweet reward for becoming a facebook fan of iTunes... a 20 track indie music sampler! (thanks Bargain Briana!) I have to say, they're defining "indie" a little loosely here (or rather, very literally... ie, independently signed artists) as the sampler includes hip hop, electronica, and alternative, but it's a fun way to stumble across some intriguing new talent!

Last week I mentioned a couple of Amazon samplers currently available, but left off one I was actually pretty excited about... a really gorgeous Celtic album called Alula. You'll find a ton of other world music samplers there too, and I love how they have them arranged by country. Great way to taste global culture even while stuck in your cubicle!

The best thing on iTunes this week is the MP3 "My Secret Friend" from IAMX (no, it isn't IMAX, as tempted as you may be to read it that way), featuring Imogen Heap. Imogen is well known for her dramatic tendencies, and IAMX apparently leans that way as well... giving us a really fun, hugely moody electronica track.

Speaking of that awesome, "dramatic" artist... the entirety of Imogen Heap's new album Eclipse is currently streaming on her website! So far I don't love it as passionately as I did Speak for Yourself, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

That's all for this week... I'm off to make to-do lists and plan out a hectic evening. Enjoy your new music, and keep me posted on any other free-and-legal downloads you come across!

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the great deals! BTW, because of your info, I am now a big Katie Herzig fan. Love her music!

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top