Extra Wicked this Week! Top 10 things You Should NEVER COMMENT on Social Media #FridayFrivolity

Hello Friday, and hello friends!


Okay, I'm just going to be upfront with you all... I was feelin' extra wicked as I wrote this post!  The #FridayFrivolity theme for the week is a very innocent "letter writing," but I took that poor little theme and stretched it into a very evil interpretation.  "Letter writing" turned into "notes" turned into "comments on social media..."  It made sense at the time, really.   

So here is my top secret collection of comments I have been tempted to leave in response to photos posted by folks on Instagram / Facebook / pick your poison.  
As a disclaimer, I love photos of my friends, and their babies, and their dogs, and so on.  I very frequently even love photos of random people / babies / dogs.  But occasionally, I look at a snapshot on social media, and think Wicked Thoughts.  

If you are extra sensitive to meanness, and have never had a mean thought ever in your whole life, just stop reading now! 

(Rest assured, none of these were prompted by photos of people I actually know.  Or at least that's what I'm going to claim.) 



The 10 Most Awful Things You Should NEVER COMMENT on Social Media



I maintain that this one isn't even mean... because I'm also complimenting the parents.



I mean, just bein' honest here... 



FACT: I could have swapped my blinds out for those bridesmaids, and you never would have looked twice.



You should totally show off!  But one of these days I just might call you on it...



  ...that one needs to be in response to a selfie!  The selfie-taker will break her poor brain trying to figure out why you thought something was wrong, muahaha.



SO MEAN.  *shakes head at mean self*



This is another one to post after a totally-innocent looking group shot or selfie... and it's doubly wicked because it sounds so innocently self-righteous, don't you think?


Can you even imagine?  *shakes head at mean self again*



Honestly, this one probably doesn't deserve its #2 status.  It's mean, but not THAT mean... but definitely should be in response to a totally normal-looking selfie, for maximum brain-breakage.


And then a drumroll please, for the last, most awful thing you could ever comment in response to a photo on social media...
.
.
.




I hope y'all still want to be friends with me... I swear, I only think things like this very, very occasionally, when I've had a really rough day!

Oh well, when you all start responding, "is everything okay?  You look awful," to my instagram pics, I'll know I deserve it.  ;P
um, I have TOTALLY thought some of these before.. too funny! Hilarious social media faux pas - the Top 10 Things You Should NEVER COMMENT via Devastate Boredom







Like what you're reading? Subscribe via email, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! Then let me know that you did... I love to make new friends!



Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 



13 comments

  1. My favorite was the last one! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - not only do I still want to be friends with you, but this just verifies WHY we get along so well! The prayer one reminds me of all the little old church ladies who hide their gossiping behind, "Bless her heart!" #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, especially the bridemaids dresses and curtains - oh so good! M'wah and thanks for hosting! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! So funny..I think these things also. And sometimes I wonder why a certain awful photos can get so many likes and comments about how terrific it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, those are some thing that should never be said on social media.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more with #5 and #7. I get wanted to document your pregnancy and I can see how having the pictures at each week to commerate it are a great memory - but naked belly ones on FB - I'd rather not see them. And yes, way to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves - please stop. HAHAHA - too funny. I don't think these are mean - I think it would be mean if you actually left them as comments. But thinking them - nah that's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Eliza, Sarah Eliza, smh, some of those were too funny!! I occasionally have mean thoughts of my own! But I try REALLY hard not to post them! But sometimes, ya just can't help what scrolls thru your head!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Great party!! Visited a few blogs, clicked a couple of interesting ads – Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, love these - I especially like the seemingly innocuous mind game ones... weeks later they'll still be head scratching! #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those comments were seriously hilarious. No judgment here. I've had some pretty zany thoughts myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am crying with laughter, and so tempted to use some of them which is why I never let myself post anything on social media once I have had a glass of wine! Hilarious post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! You crack me up! I have thought at least one of those in the last hour lol Thanks for the laugh :) Tal xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top