My Crazy Foot Story - Are These Shoes Too Small, or Have My Feet Grown?? - An Alignment Journey Begins

My Crazy Foot Story - Are These Shoes Too Small, or are My ADULT Feet Growing?? - A Journey Towards Better Posture and Alignment Begins, via Devastate Boredom
Disclaimer:  I am not a medical professional!  I am sharing my own experiences only.  All bodies are different, so be sure to consult your doctor if you have questions or concerns.

I don't know if y'all remember, but way back a while ago I reviewed Katy Bowman's book Whole Body Barefoot.  I said things like, "a must-read for anyone with feet!" and got super excited when Katy Bowman herself retweeted my review.


It has now been a number of months since then, and I've been fairly consistent about doing the stretches 
and following the instructions enumerated in the book, working on the goal of getting healthier bone alignment and muscle flexibility in my feet and toes.

("Fairly consistent" meaning, I don't do all of them everyday, but each day I almost always do something.)

And I've seen some crazy results!  My toes have definitely become more flexible, and when I stand normally and look down at my feet, I can see more space between them.  I also now have almost zero pain from my big toe joints -- pain I had consistently for eight years at least, and that a doctor had predicted I would eventually need bunion surgery to repair.

That. is. HUGE! 

Weirdest of all, when I went to the athletic store a few months ago to buy new workout shoes, I discovered that I was NOT a size 8W like I had been wearing for the last 15+ years.  I am at least a size 9.  (And I say "at least" because those tennis shoes I bought three months ago are seeming a little tight now... hmmm).  

Have I seriously been wearing shoes a size too small for all those years?  Or has the stretching and alignment shifts I've been working on allowed my feet to stretch into a more natural shape, one I had been inadvertently denying them?  Am I in the process of recovering from an accidental, self-inflicted version of foot binding?

Those are the questions I've been asking myself lately -- I'm hesitant to answer them definitively because it seems so crazy!  But the results I've seen so far are pretty dang compelling... and I'm hopeful for further process going forward.

Stay posted for more posts coming over the next week, with my favorite tips and tricks for improving your posture and alignment!  It's exciting stuff, yo!  And as funny as it sounds, my feet are here as proof that small changes can make a big difference.  ;P  






Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 



Like what you're reading? Subscribe via email, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! 




7 comments

  1. Loved reading this and found it interesting that your shoe size changed! I prefer no shoes at all, I was a Mens10 by the age of 12, and couldn't find anything nice to fit, so bare feet it became :) What a relief it must be for you to not be suffering pain anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Or maybe shoes are just getting smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely intrigued (especially since I wasn't able to get my hands on a library copy of the book), so my feet will be waiting on pins & needles for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Eliza, that's crazy wild!! And now I'm skeert to do it, cuz mine are already a 10/11 WW!! Or men's 9W.
    But that's wonderful that you feel such positive results! And congrats on Katy's retweet of your tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if your feet feel good and they do, then having bigger feet is just fine.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's amazing!! It's incredible what consistent stretching can do for the body, I plan to keep it up through old age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I remember when I was younger. When I put fashion over comfort. My toes eventually hurt when I forced my feet into killer shoes 1 size smaller than my feet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top