MP3 Madness... Free Elvis, a new She & Him album(!!!!!!), and more!

MP3 Madness courtesy of Amazon this week features, "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" by *drumroll* Elvis! I thought that was pretty cool. And apparently so did Amazon, since they didn't bother giving us hardly anything else interesting this week, lol. But who will complain when they're being handed free Elvis?? Not me.

There are also a few samplers worth checking out:

Frenchkiss Records Super Sampler -- Think indie. Eight tracks, including some I definitely approve of, from Local Natives, The Antlers, and the dodos.

March 2010 Saddle Creek Sampler -- Think alternative rock. Some of it is a little weird (umm still not sure what was going on with that Uuvvwwz thing), but I like the Old Canes, Land of Talk, and Mynabirds tracks. Thirteen downloads total.

Ok, now for the item that generated all the exclamation points in the post title... She & Him's new album is out!! I'm seriously so excited right now, even though it isn't free (the album is temporarily only $4.99 though, so it's still a good deal). Their first album, Volume One, still gets considerable play-time on my iPod, and it's looking like Volume Two will be just as great. For those of you new to the scene (hurry up and on board! all the cool kids are over here...), She & Him consists of M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel, and really fabulous music-making. Y'all might be familiar with Zooey Deschanel from her roles in Elf, Yes Man, (500) Days of Summer, or the Sci Fi original, Tin Man, but she can also sing, and does so quite well. I actually have a bit of a girl-crush on her; however my love was much stronger before her horrible, drugged-out performance in that horrible, drug-induced movie The Happening. *shudder* In any case, M. Ward the musician is much more awesome then Zooey the actress, but you should check out She & Him even if you aren't familiar with his his solo work. (<--- link, so that you can remedy that distressing situation asap)

Have fun with the new music! I know I will. :D

Note: I'm part of the Amazon affiliate program but they in no way influence my views on music. ;)

No comments

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top