#FridayFrivolity - Mother's Day Funnies! Humorous videos to make mom laugh!

Hilarious mom parody / stereotype videos at #FridayFrivolity -  Tommee Tippee's suggestion on what to do with all that unsolicited advice you're getting - The BreakWomb with "You Know You're a Bad Mom If" ("I told my daughter she was pretty!") and "The Different Kinds of Moms You Meet" aka, which mom are you?  ("poop or choocolate?")  Funny mom humor skits to make you laugh on Mother's Day! via Devastate BoredomHappy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there!

Perhaps unsurprisingly, our #FridayFrivolity theme this week is motherhood.  

But first things first -- I myself have a very particularly lovely, youthful,

 thoughtful, and caring mother...

Hilarious mom parody / stereotype videos at #FridayFrivolity -  Tommee Tippee's suggestion on what to do with all that unsolicited advice you're getting - The BreakWomb with "You Know You're a Bad Mom If" ("I told my daughter she was pretty!") and "The Different Kinds of Moms You Meet" aka, which mom are you?  ("poop or choocolate?")  Funny mom humor skits to make you laugh on Mother's Day! via Devastate Boredom
Happy Mother's Day to my awesome mom Amy!

And happy Mother's Day to all the rest of you wonderful moms out there too!  

I have my fingers crossed that you get some time to yourself today!  Have some chocolate!  Let the kids watch an extra half hour of TV (educational TV of course though, clearly!  ;P), and take some time for yourself.  No laundry or cleaning allowed!  And check out these videos and have a laugh at the expense of our insane "perfect-mom / Mommy-Wars" culture.

This first video I found through my blogger pal Christina at Amanda's Books and More, and thought it was too good not to pass on!  Tommee Tippee knows just what you ought do with all that unsolicited mom advice you're getting!



While I love reading and learning from research studies (and I'm actually kind of obsessed with the ones about the most effective ways to praise and encourage kids -- I know, nerdy Kindergarten teacher much?), this video still had me rolling on the floor.  ;P




I think this last one is my favorite though... I laugh out loud every time I watch it.  I saw it posted on facebook with the caption "which mom are you?" but I think "which of these mom stereotypes drives you the most crazy?" is a better question instead.  It's also funny from a non-mom teacher perspective, because I swear all of these moms had students in my class one year or another... ha!

(warning on this one, cuz I don't want you to be mad at me if your munchkins are around... in the VERY last few seconds they use the b-rhymes-with-witch word.  Okay, you're warned!)



Like what you're reading? Subscribe via email, and I'll keep the good stuff coming! 





Now on to the link-up! :D 
Come by Devastate Boredom each Thursday at 8 pm central to beat the rush to #FridayFrivolity -  the linky party for all things fun, funny, happy & hopeful!  Hosts comment, tweet, pin, and want to get to know you!



Come by Devastate Boredom each Thursday at 8 pm central to beat the rush to #FridayFrivolity -  the linky party for all things fun, funny, happy & hopeful!  Hosts comment, tweet, pin, and want to get to know you!


Featured Post from Last Week:
In a fun twist, since we now have four hosts we will also have FOUR FEATURES.... but you will have to go check out the other three blogs to see if you were featured there!  ;)  

I LOVED this post from Lux over at About Life and Love -- "The Incredible Power of Your Name and Why Name Calling Should Stop."  Lux describes how what we call / name ourselves can have such an impact on our lives, and I love this line -- "Change the way you think. Change what you call yourself. And ultimately, change your life."  If you didn't read it last week, you have GOT to hop over and check it out!

The Hosts:


Sarah Eliza from Devastate Boredom, Host of #Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!




Sarah Eliza is on a mission to Devastate Boredom by living a life full of all of her favorite things... friendship and connection, laughter, books and music, furbaby love, minimalism, wellness pursuits, Paleo-ish cooking, and on and on!  Curious about how to create a capsule wardrobe without losing your mind??  Check out her series here!



Host, Lisa, #Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!
Facebook // Twitter //Pinterest // Google+  // Bloglovin

Lisa is an awesomely hilarious and authentic writer who marches to her own drum on her blog Syncopated Mama, providing an "un-labelly spot" for all the happily off-beat folks out there who have been wishing to find kindred spirits.  She shares her adventures building a natural home, teaching her adorbs daughter, establishing and refining positive communication skills, camping, creating, cooking, and so much more!  You've got to check out her Date Night Series, Passport to Fun, for lots of budget friendly ideas on how to "travel the world" in your own home!  


Audrey, Host of #Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!

Audrey is a wonderfully eclectic blogger, who not only can cook up a storm over on That Recipe, but also writes at Munofore - "MUsings NOt FOod RElated."  Munofore touches on humor, parenting, crafting, holiday ideas, tutorials, and more!  Most recently she shared a DIY DON'T when she refinished a typing table... 



Jessica, Host of #Friday Frivolity LINKY PARTY - the blog link-up for all things Fun, Funny, Happy, and Hopeful!


Jessica is an amazingly funny and smart blogger from Wales who writes at Babi a Fi on a whole range of topics -- from entertaining vintage nostalgia, to technology tutorials, to book reviews, to raising her adorable munchkin, and so much more!  If you're a blogger, you'll definitely want to check out her Blog Calendar for January -- such a great resource to get ahead on your blogging!



Calling all bloggers looking for an upbeat and supportive group of pals to join in hosting the weekly #FridayFrivolity par-tay!  We are hoping to add to our ranks of dedicated hosts and co-hosts, and would love for you to consider joining the fun!  Co-Hosts are welcome on a temporary basis (usually a month), while Hosts make a more ongoing commitment.  :)  Swing by here to express interest and ask any questions!



Now time for the new stuff! 

This a link-up for all things funny, fun, encouraging, hopeful, and happy.  That includes free printables, giveaways, and other fun stuff to make us SMILE and start the weekend off on the right foot. 

If you're here in search of fun and uplifting reading materials, skip the rules and just start clickin'! 

Bloggy buddies, thanks for coming to par-tay! 

You are welcome to link up to 3 posts, and old posts are always welcome!  

There are three rules only: 



Come by Devastate Boredom each Thursday at 8 pm central to beat the rush to #FridayFrivolity -  the linky party for all things fun, funny, happy & hopeful!  Hosts comment, tweet, pin, and want to get to know you!


Here are some of the places you might see this post partying! 


13 comments

  1. So I'm watching, and I'm thinking "Hmm, I don't really identify with any of these Moms....wait! Here I come!" Because of course I'm the hot mess Mom and OF COURSE she shows up late.

    That video was perfect! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your mom is adorable, now I see where you get it from! I can't believe you had the kids of those moms in your class - because just a couple years later, I had them in MY class, too! (and on a side note, I was walking to the park behind the library today watching - okay, totally eavesdropping on - her interact with her daughter and all I could think of was how much she reminded me of half the hyper-involved moms of kids in my class!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the funniest stuff to share! Thanks for hosting Sarah Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those mothering videos made me laugh - and led me off into a few more! Our son and daughter-in-law have just had their first baby - the new parent one I ended up watching was a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the party this week. I can't tweet your party because I'm not on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.

    Have a terrific weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. About the second video, pretty soon we won't be able to open our mouths! Thanks for hosting Sarah Eliza!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo of you and your mum! I did try telling Anthony that perhaps we should celebrate US mother's day too, but he wasn't sold on the idea... xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for hosting! Hope you all have an amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the party girls. Hope you all have a fantastic Mother's Day!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting and I hope every Mother had a good Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom and all moms here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pouting cuz I couldn't hear the videos. Yes my sound was on! ;)
    They looked funny, tho!
    You and your mom are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top