Ten Favorites of 2009: GoPicnic aka, what happens when awesome healthy noms are stuffed into a box.

Another favorite discovery of mine last year was GoPicnic -- a company that specializes in boxed lunches that are perfect for a meal on the run, brown-bagging-it, or even to have on hand to be prepared for emergencies. No refrigeration is required, and they have none of the unpleasant concoctions commonly found in meals with a shelf-life (the novelty of 'space ice cream' aside, I'll pass on the freeze-dried thank you!). Their "Mighty Munch" line is even targeted to be appealing to kids for an easy school-day fix.

They qualify for my Ten Favorites of 2009 list because their components are all-natural and even organic frequently... they also have gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and kosher meals, to fit any dietary needs. There's a great selection of brands in each one (such as Mary's Gone Crackers, Food Should Taste Good, Late July organics, Lara Bars, Stacy's Pita Chips, The Immaculate Baking Company, and lots of others) and it's awesome to have something different that I can just grab on my way to work on a busy day. The fiance even likes them -- he's a big fan of the Anywhere Break meal that's pictured on the home page right now, but also applauds the Go Deli. I haven't found one I actually dislike (though the Wild Garden hummus featured in a couple of them is a bit too garlicky for me), but my favorites are probably the Go Delight and the Sunny Break.

They have some great stuff on salethis weekend (including the aforementioned Go Deli and Go Delight meals), which is why I'm mentioning them now -- they're normally kind of pricey, but the sale items range from $1.99 to 3.99 through Sunday. Also shipping is mildly painful, so you'll definitely want to sign up for their mailing list... you'll get a code for 10% right away, and they send even better codes out periodically as well. I also just found some potentially exciting discount codes for them on retailmenot, so those would be worth trying too! (And if you're in Chicago, then lucky you, 'cuz you can just swing by and pick up your order from the GoPicnic headquarters, and skip shipping all together.)

Do note that the "Go" meals are the smaller versions -- marketed more as a snack. However Andrew and I both use them as lunches normally, we just add in a yogurt, carrots, apple, whatever, just to fill in the gaps a bit, and then are good to go.

If you try them, or have tried them in the past, I'd love to know what you think!

GoPicnic is not one of my affiliates, I just love their stuff. ;)

1 comment

  1. Yum - those are so neat! I just bought some of the GoDeli for Charlie to take to work, so I'll let you know how he likes them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top