Menu-Planning...a feeble (picture a butter knife here) first stab

Hellooooooooo 2010! Today on NPR I heard someone refer to the past decade as "the ohs" and it kind of made me laugh, but I like it! I want it to be my vocab of the week, but I can't figure out how I would write it... to follow the estimable example of those wise decades the '80s and the '90s, it probably will look like this: '00s. Unfortunately that kind of looks like a squeal to me. Plus I'm pretty sure anybody hearing me say something like, "Oh yes, I used to do such-and-such back in 'the ohs'" in conversation would do a double-take without the benefit of the "they're on NPR, it must be the cool thing to say" effect, so I'm not so sure how much actual exercise my new vocab will receive.

Anyway, back in the '00s I was rather disorganized, and never really managed to make an actual "meal-guide" despite propounding its merits with great solemnity and purpose. I believed every word I wrote, and still do, but my meal-guides just never really ended up quite as fleshed out as I wished they would. However, now that it's the '10s ('teens? post-'00s?) I am resolved to actually try to be more disciplined with it, and see where it takes me. Which is to say, Sunday my fiancé and I talked through our meal plan for the week and then actually went shopping in an orderly organized kind of manner, and now I'm taking credit for the whole thing. ;P I will also take full credit for any resulting improvements in health, money-savings, and decreased dinner-time stress in the coming week as well. (Sorry love! Having a blog just has perks ya know)

Here's our meal plan for the first week of my graduate school career:

Sunday & Monday: Fascinating Chicken Pot-Pie
Tuesday: Twice Baked Potatoes stuffed with BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob
Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in bread bowls
Thursday (vegetarian night): Homemade Vegetable Fried Rice
Friday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Soup
Saturday: night out

Lunches: Turkey and tuna sandwiches, lean cuisines.

In case you picked up on the trend, we came up with this meal plan after grabbing a rotisserie chicken at Kroger. It's a nice meal-simplifier when heading into a busy week, and a great way to ease back into doing more actual cooking after all the laziness and hustle-bustle (killer combo there) of the holidays. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment

  1. Sounds good! Can I come over to your house for dinner. Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top