Forget Cable! Part 1: Free TV the Devestating Boredom Way

...and of course, what I mean by TV "the devastating boredom way" is "just the good stuff, yo!" I know that all my fellow Lost fanatics are already experiencing withdrawals from the lack of a new episode this week (as I was telling my friend at Casablanca, if it turns out that the show is a mind-control device being employed by some kind of cult, I will be among the hopelessly ensnared...) so I figured I'd try to fill in the horrible TV gap until next week with this excellent compilation of (legal) free TV available online. Who needs cable -- you've got me!

(I recommend right-clicking, because as far as I can tell they don't open to new windows from my blog.)

Alphabetically by genre we have:

Drama:
Heroes
Jericho
Kings
Lost

Comedy:
30 Rock
Arrested Development
The Gilmore Girls
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Just Shoot Me
My Name is Earle
The Office
Seinfeld

Mystery (detective/cop shows):
Bones
Burn Notice
Castle
House
Leverage
Lie to Me
Life
Veronica Mars

Sci-fi/Fantasy:
Angel
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dollhouse
Firefly
The Hitchcock Hour
The Medium
Star Trek
The Twilight Zone

Other (aka... if you're desperate):
Friends
Fringe
Monk
Psych

My childhood TV favorites:
Andy Griffith
The Flintstones
Gilligan's Island
I Dream of Jeannie
Scooby-Doo

Can you tell that my family didn't have cable when I was growing up? Also, that I'm a big Joss Whedon fan... I'll be following up later with a post of reviews, but if you interested in some free on-demand TV, or maybe even thinking of phasing out cable altogether, this is the way to go! Until then, if you need me I'll probably be off hiding somewhere, lest my roommate come after me in a rage for putting Friends on the "if you're desperate" list... *gulp*

Note: Let me know if there are any amazing shows that totally need to be on this list, but by some horrible oversight I've left off... I'm always looking to expand my TV repertoire. (dude, I managed to spell repertoire right on the very first try. That's so unlike me...)

1 comment

  1. thanks for the shout-out! and we didn't have cable growing up either. the last list + green acres = my childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top