Clickin' Through Thursdays

TV: Lost. *spoilers alert* Err, what? I've definitely come to the conclusion that I don't like all the rapid-fire flashing; I wince and grimace along with the characters and by the end of this episode was starting to feel a little crazy. Love the time-travel... hate the bright light/loud noise component. Also, Faraday's mother was unexpectedly sinister in that last moment and I got the distinct impression that they were going to start sending the Oceanic 6 (and Desmond, unhappily... why oh why did Penny let him out of her sight??) back to the island in shifts. Which is confusing, to say the least, because I thought they all had to go back at one time... so maybe I misread what was going on. I only have one new theory derived from this episode... perhaps Faraday's parents were part of the Dharma project? That would explain his mom knowing so much about the island, and the person Charlotte saw as a child who she thought was Daniel could perhaps be his dad. The other explanation would of course be that Daniel himself in the future goes back in time to vainly try to warn her, but as he would at that point be well aware of the futility of it, you would think he would have refrained. So... we shall see.

Also, fans of Lost have got to check out this "Perspective" video by Rhett & Link... it's highly amusing. The video is at the top right of the page, but there's a lot of other stuff on their site so click around a bit and see what you find. There's also an interesting and brain-twisting discussion of the time-travel complexities shown on Lost so far, and what it could mean for the rest of the show, here. (I have to kind of agree with the first comment on the post... "Brain. Explodes.")


Music: In the style of Sara Bareilles and Ingred Michaelson, check out an entire album by Mieka Pauley offered free right now on Amazon. Another new one to me is Marisa Nadler, whose album Little Hells is due out next month... her music is described on her record label's site as enveloping the listener "in splendid gauzy moods" and filled with "a gorgeous sense of serene hope." I can always do with more serene hope, and I like the free mp3 they're offering, so I'm definitely planning on looking for more from her. And in other news, I swear that I'll feature music other than female singer/songwriters in this category next week... I really do enjoy a wide variety of sounds, honest...

Shopping: Gotta love this robot-esque alarm clock, which in essence runs away from you when it's time to wake up each morning, forcing you to track it down before you can turn it off. And presumably, thoroughly waking you in the process. Created by a fellow Emory grad, this clock "is kind of like a misbehaving pet, only he will get up at the right time." If you have $50 worth of trouble waking up each morning, Clocky will be an endearing and helpful investment... and available in many colors to match your bedroom decor! If anybody is inspired to purchase one, you've got to let me know how it works, and whether its kind of like having your own miniature Wall-E on wake-up patrol...

Free stuff for grown-ups:
Total cereal

Ensure

Eucerine Calming Creme

Betty Crocker Warm Delights (this one is only good for new subscribers to their newsletter)

EmergenC

Organization printables

Dove Shampoo

Beyond Bodi Heat heating pads

No comments

I love to connect with new friends online! Please share your thoughts with me! :)

Back to Top